Amsoil Speedway Race Night Procedures:
- 6:15 pit meeting at the draw booth
- 6:30 Hot laps (mid mods, supers, mods, lates, pures)
- 6:50 Prayer and National Anthem
- 7:00 Racing begins
Track Rules and Regulations:
- Staging is in turn 2 by the draw window and make sure to be ready for your race, we will not wait for you.
- Enter the track on turn 2 as well as exit off of turn 2.
- All starts will be at the cone in turn 4 with the leader(s) firing at the cone and everyone else following.
- All heat races will be 8 laps unless otherwise specified
- All semi-features will be 12 laps
- Feature laps: Pure Stocks - 15 laps
- Mid Mods - 20 laps
- Super Stocks - 20 laps
- Modifieds - 20 laps
- Late Models - 25 laps
- Top 5 out of each race must scale
- After you receive the checkered flag take a cool down corner through 1 and 2 and the entrance to the scales is off of the backstretch.
- Teching will also take place after you scale in the infield.
- After teching is complete you will leave the infield crossing the track in turn 2 and head across to the exit staying right.
- All heats and semi-features will have a 15 minute time limit
- All features will have a 30 minute time limit. If in any race the time limit is reached and the race in under green, that race will continue until the next caution or the checkered flag (which ever comes first). If a caution does come out first then you will be properly lined up and given the checkered under caution.
- Victory lane in located off the right of the scales on the stage.
Race (On track) Procedure:
- Be in staging and ready with ample time and make sure your raceceiver and transponder are working
- You will get released on your raceceiver to enter the track
- Please enter track with caution and keep a slow pace while lined up double file right out of staging
- The will be one complete lap under caution (pace lap) for drivers to get ready and also we can check to see if everyone’s transponder is working properly. As you come to the flag stand you will receive the one to go and caution lights will go down
- On an original double file start the two lead cars must stay side by side and fire TOGETHER at the cone in turn 4, which is when the green will be dropped. Once the front two cars fire the rest of the field is free to race. All cars must stay in line bumper to bumper until the from two cars fire. If you jump out of line and get ahead of the car in front of you, you are jumping the start. On an original double file start, if you jump the start the caution will come out and you will be put back one row.
- If there is a caution you will be notified on your raceceiver and the yellow will come out. When this happens we will ask that the lead cars come to the flag stand and stop with everyone else following. Once stopped at the flag stand you will be given a line up. Please do not roll forward or start moving until your number is called. When the line up is given the lead car will go to turn 2 and stop with the others following. All restarts will be delaware restarts meaning the leader will be out front with second place having the option of inside or outside. Third place will go opposite with the rest of the field following along with 4th place in 5th place out, etc. Once the full line up is given and the cause of the caution tags the rear of the field, you will be released with the caution lights going down and we will be going green that same lap. The leader will fire at the cone in turn four with everyone else firing after the leader does. If you happen to jump on a restart (not the original 2x2 start), we will continue racing and you will be docked two positions at the end of the race.
- When the race is over the top 5 cars in all races will go the scales off of the backstretch with the rest of the field exiting off of turn two as soon as you can within reason.
- The next heat race that is already in staging will then be released using the same exact procedure. One complete lap with the lights going down at the flag stand, and going green that next lap.
- After all heats and semis (if needed) are compete we are going to jump right into feature racing as long as the first feature had enough time to check the line up and get ready. The only exception to this would be if the track needs some work which will be done as quickly as possible.
- Please be ready in staging with plenty of time to spare for your feature.
- You will again be called onto the track on your raceceiver. Just like in the heats when you are called onto the track from staging please enter slowly and get lined up immediately. As you come to the front stretch the front row will be asked to stop in turn one with everyone else following in the proper order. This will give us a chance to check the line ups and make sure everyone is there. After the line up is good you will be released and we will go one lap under caution with the one to go being given the next time by. Just like in the heat races the front row will fire in turn 4 at the cone with everyone else following their lead. The same rules follow with the features as in the heats and once the race in complete the top five will scale and the winner will go to victory lane after being scaled.
- Paychecks can be picked up on the grandstands side in the concession area.
If anyone has questions/comments/concerns please feel free to call/text me. I appreciate you all taking the time to read through this and I am looking forward to a great season.
Bobby Wherritt (Race Director)